Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 24 - A Very Good Day on Good Friday

What can I say, except that this morning's class with L. was totally, totally awesome! I've only been in her class once before, and this was during the early days of my practice. She has this motherly demeanor about her, very encouraging, but at the same time, she gently pushes you to do your best the right way.

Today I have made a "minor" adjustment to my Bow Pose. I now try to keep my feet and knees 6 inches apart while kicking up. As a result, I have not achieved the usual height BUT the form is certainly better. I will do this again tomorrow and see how many centimetres I gain.

My Cobra Pose has definitely improved a lot since I am more conscious of the alignment of my legs and by anchoring my glutes to the floor in order to lift my upper body up without using my hands.

So, only six more days to go. I can see the finish line looming ahead. I am amazed at how quickly and quite smoothly this year's challenge has progressed. Is it because I now have almost two years of experience? Is it because my body is changing, and adapting to this yoga? I can only speculate the answers to these questions.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: