Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 7 - Hot and Sweaty Enough For Ya?

Today I deviated from routine and attended the 3:45PM class with teacher B. (three in a row with B. at the helm--what a treat!). This was out of necessity, not by design. The little one has an early start time on Tuesdays, so the 6:00AM will be too hectic for us. I drove straight from work to the studio and managed to get settled before the class started.

I knew the afternoon classes will be hotter, stinkier, busier, BUT my body will be more flexible this time of the day. And it did not disappoint...in all of the above. Of course, Dizzies paid a visit after Hands to Feet Pose. What is it about that posture that makes me dizzy? There are other postures that have my head inverted, and I am fine when I get out it. Someone had asked if I am anemic. Not that I know of, to the best of my knowledge. I have my fair share of red meat. So I don't know, I will monitor myself for another week. What is alarming is that I've never experienced this before.

Anyway, it was nice to have a change today. I sweated more today and while it was very uncomfortable, and the room being more hot than I am used to added to the discomfort. I was toying with the idea of making a run for it soon after B. left the room, but I decided to go for the 5-minute final Savasana. It felt wonderful to have that rest, and the cool drafts that permeated the room while the others were filing out were a treat.

Tomorrow is my day off, and I've decided to go to the 6:00AM, to get my practice out of the way first thing, so I will be set for the rest of the day. Spring has been taking its time to arrive in Victoria; it has been raining A LOT, it's very cold, the kind that's damp and bone-deep. Tea weather is how I describe it. Whatever the day brings I will just savour it and look for the silver lining.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

2 comments:

aHappyYogi said...

Hi
I used to be very dizzy after having a virus on the balance nerv. I can write you more about it if you like. Please email me then.

YoginiBear said...

Hello HappyYogi,
Yes, I would love to hear more about you. I logged on to your blog page but couldn't find the link to send you an email :(