Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 23 - "Who Would Torture Themselves at 6:00AM?"

M E!...and a bunch of other (very) early birds eager to get their practice in first thing in order to set their day right...at least this is how I see it. P. was at the helm this morning, and he was the one who asked the question above. We had finished the Awkward Pose, and yes, at 6:00AM that posture is pretty darn challenging. My legs were shaking, being woken up and given a jolt first thing in the morning.

Yes, it WAS a bit of a torture this morning. I haven't been in at 6:00AM for a couple of days as I have had the luxury of going to the 9:00AM class on my days off. My joints were very stiff, shaky, achy. Knees weren't locking in Hands to Feet, Eagle was painful at times, and my balance was totally off in Standing Bow Pulling Pose. Balancing Stick wasn't bad, but I had to get out early 3 times out of 4.

I can't believe how quickly this challenge has been progressing. It doesn't feel like I've been coming for 23 days straight. I am feeling less aches and soreness this time around. I guess this so-called "torture" I am putting myself through MUST be working. So guys and gals, Bikram Yoga is no sweat. Really. Come in and see and feel for yourself.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: