Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 15 - No Back-to-Back, But No Regrets

I had great intentions, to do a back-to-back today, after getting a "nudge" from a yoga buddy after class yesterday. However, the main concern that I had in doing this today is that there is only a 30-minute gap between both classes, so what if I am not hydrated enough for class #2? As I do not take water during class, will the water I drink after class #1 be enough to sustain me? I have to ask my yoga buddy K/C about her regimen for doing a back-to-back first.

This afternoon, on the way to her piano lessons, my daughter asked if I did IT, and when I told her I didn't, she sounded disappointed. So I thought out loud about maybe doing it TOMORROW by going to the 6:00AM, then the 9:00AM, which would give me an hour and a half of rest and re-hydration. That should work, shouldn't it?

I've read that there were three women from San Francisco who took EIGHT straight classes in one day. Apparently they never drank nor sat down during class. All they did was BREATHE in a slow, steady breath. Oh man, I don't know, but I think I will not even try this one. Maybe when I am retired?

Today's class was certainly not the calibre of yesterday's, but then I did not expect it to be. It's not that I am a defeatist, but I would rather be surprised with a positive, than have high expectations then be let down if things don't go accordingly. I sweated more today. We had the wonderful I. at the helm, and I could never thank her enough for spotting me at times and correcting me.

Oh, by the way, I took the 11:00AM class today. It's nice to vary the practice times. I'm definitely more flexible, what with a few waking hours spent sleeping in, breakfast, and walking the kid to school with doggie in tow. Tomorrow and Friday, it's back to 6:00AM. I must go to bed earlier tonight.

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: