Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 8 - A Rockin' Standin' Series

I woke up to a dark morning with the sound of the wind howling outside. The forecast called for a windy day today with rain. As I went outside, it started to pour heavy drops. It was cold, and with that windchill, I looked forward to being in the hot room. Neighbour K. backed out of practice today as she was feeling tired. So I was on a solo flight out to the studio.

It was quite a busy class for 6:00AM. I like it when it's busy like that. There's more energy to go around, even at such an early time of the day. My Pranayama breathing was a lazy one. Not much gusto, but I made sure that my rib cage was visible. Dizzies just wouldn't go away, but it was not as bad as in previous days. It starts when I raise my arms up to prepare for second set of Half Moon. As bend to the right, here she comes. I breathe, I am calm, I keep my eyes open, to no avail. At least I didn't have to sit down this time. So, it might be getting better.

My Standing Series went off pretty strong today. I managed to hold Standing Head to Knee longer because I made sure I was BREATHING slowly and steadily. I tried to touch my forehead to my knee but lost the balance. "There is no yoga-do, only yoga-TRY." My Balancing Stick was stronger, only because I tried very hard to stretch forward and back like being tugged in a war. My arms didn't feel tired at all this morning. I am really, really stoked that I finished strong at the end. The Standing Series is a challenge for me. It takes a while for me to get warmed up and pumped for action.

As always, the Floor Series is no problem for me. I fear not the Camel Pose. In fact, it is my favourite posture as it is the most challenging of all. So far I have not backed out of it before the instructor says so.

So far, it has been such a joy to do this 30 Day Challenge. Although I know that it will not be smooth sailing all the way, I will welcome whatever comes. This is how I get through the kinks, the curveballs life throws at me. If this keeps up, who knows? I may just as well continue towards a 60 Day Challenge!

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: