Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 13 - And So the Soreness Sets In

Almost at the halfway point, and like clockwork, the soreness of some parts of me are beginning to catch up. The lower left side of my back extending down to my glutes has been pretty sore early on, and today, doing the Standing Head to Knee with the left leg raised has been a challenge. I'm not sure whether the Sexy Flexy class last night pushed its limits. All in all, today's practice was so-so. Are the early mornings getting to me? Three straight days off beginning tomorrow are a welcome treat. I will bow out of the 6:00AM, and luxuriate in having a choice of either the 9:00, 11:00, or 1:45.

I was just thinking that if it weren't for committing to a 30 Day Challenge, I would be very tempted to take a rest. Very tempting indeed, but I've been practicing long enough to know that once I rest, I will be justified in extending that rest. At this point, it's all about being a good listener...to your body. Well and good to have goals, and to challenge one's self, but as with anything, we should never lose touch with arriving at a compromise. Yesterday, I may have been flexible enough to extend my leg and hold it there. Today, I was too sore to even hold the foot that is attached to it. That is okay. There is always a tomorrow. And 16 days after that...and 30 more years after that...

Good night, Mommy. I love you.

PS: Okay, I just checked my post for Day 13 from the Challenge I did LAST YEAR...and it's entitled: ONE SORE HINEY...how weird is THAT?!? I swear I didn't revisit that post BEFORE I wrote this one...deja vu!

No comments: