Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 10 - I Would've Done A Back-To-Back

Today is Saturday, April 10th for Day 10 of my 30 Day Challenge. First class was at 7:30AM so I had the luxury of getting up at 6:15 instead of 5:15. I got to the studio at 6:50, and I was the first to arrive. Our instructor arrived 10 minutes later, and my buddy arrived soon after that. We parked our mats at our favourite spots, upper right corner right next to and in front of the mirrors. My buddy is doing the 101 Day Challenge, and tomorrow marks Day 101! So excited for her, and she said she'll keep going.

I had a great class today. I felt much more energised and able to do most of the postures to my liking. I pushed myself during the Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose by not spreading my legs too far out to the side to try to touch my forehead to the floor. My Triangle Pose is a lot stronger today and I was able to sit down lower. My lower back has become a lot stronger as I was able to hold the Cobra Pose high enough with less pressure on my hands. For the first set of the Camel Pose I tried to keep my knees 6 inches apart and I felt a tremendous stretch at my lower back...such a great feeling afterwards!

After the final breathing exercise, I made it a point to stay in the room longer as I have been rushing out to get home soon after the week day classes ended. I leisurely drank my vitamin-fortified water while chatting with fellow yogis. When I went back to the change room, one of the ladies asked me if I was going to do a back-to-back. I replied, "Oh no!" thinking, "Are you kidding me?" By the way, a back-to-back is two straight classes in a row. I would've today, as I felt so good and strong. Maybe one day. I will chalk that one up as one of the challenges I will take on. When the 30 Day is done, I will do the 60 Day, then the 90...who knows I might go for the 101...then maybe Teacher Training...then still practicing at 80 years of age...oh, so much to look forward to! Namaste.

No comments: