Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 25 = Eyeing the 60 with 5 Days to Go!

Day 25 - April 25, 2010 - 7:30AM with Niecia

I look at the 30 Day Challenge board and see my name with the long line of stickers marking each day of practice.  I see 5 empty spots and I look back to the day I decided to sign up for the challenge.  I remember feeling a little apprehensive at the time, wondering if I would be able to keep up the routine.  30 seemed like a big number to me.  30. Straight. Days.  I made up my mind that I will NEVER do doubles.  It goes against the purist principle of practising yoga EVERY DAY for 30 straight days.  A missed day means you have to start over.  It IS a challenge.  We all have lives outside of yoga.  Kids, spouses, work, life.  The Boss said that you SHOULD make time for yoga, everyday (well, except Sunday; I read somewhere that he says only fools practice yoga on Sundays!).  For me, it is possible.  Thank goodness for the 6:00AM class on the weekdays!  I could have started the challenge months ago.  I was reluctant to commit myself to getting up at 5:00AM.  Now, it is second nature.  Now, I am kicking myself for not signing up for the 101 Day Challenge!  Once I am done with the 60, it's 101 time baby!

So how did today go?  Well, the Chinese food from yesterday's lunch has gone, thank goodness!  I expected to be less flexible this morning.  Proof was my Standing Head to Knee.  I didn't feel as light and fluid as yesterday's practice.  I take consolation from my Awkward Poses which rocked today.  I was able to stretch my arms and legs straight and keep them engaged for Balancing Stick.  As for Tree Stand, I was able to balance with both hands in Namaskar with my right foot high up underneath my navel, and same with Toe Stand for both sets.  I was very pleased with my standing series; still lots to improve upon but certainly getting there.  I have all the time in the world.

No comments: