Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 13 = One Sore Hiney

Day 13 - April 13, 2010 - 6:00AM with Anastasia

Oh the price you pay to achieve more flexibility in the spine. My bum has taken a beating from being pushed and stretched around day after day for the past 12 days. It is so sore that I couldn't stretch my legs out in the Standing Head to Knee Pose. My Hands to Feet Pose is back to square one; I just could not lift my hips up and lock my knees; therefore, no Japanese Ham Sandwich today. In consolation, my Standing Bow Pulling Pose and Balancing Stick were pretty good, but just to keep me grounded, I almost fell to the side during the first set of Tree Pose, which rarely happens.

After leaving the studio, I toyed with the idea of going to the 9:30AM class tomorrow. I was thinking that maybe my body needs to be up and about a few hours before the class starts in order for it to loosen up. Oh but I so love the 6:00AM class so much that I've decided to postpone the 9:30 until Day 15. I'll see what happens tomorrow. As I have said before, your body just throws all these curve balls at you. You should expect it, and learn to let go and move on. It's all about the journey. Namaste.

No comments: