Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 16 = Two More Weeks To Go...Until The 60 Day Challenge!

Day 16 - April 16, 2010 - 6:00AM with Laurel

Today is Friday, marking the end of my weekday 6:00AM class run. Don't get me wrong, as I do enjoy practising first thing in the morning, even if I have to get up as early as 5:00AM! I've come to know some of the 6:00AM "regulars", working ladies who, like me, make a bee-line for the showers as soon as we say, "Namaste" to our instructor.

It was nice to have Laurel teaching today. I've only been to her class only once before. It's "refreshing" to have different instructors as they each have their unique teaching styles and tips on how to execute the postures properly. Today, she also reminded us not to wipe our sweat off as this would make our bodies work harder (and generate more heat) to create more sweat for cooling down.

So how did today go? Well, the hiney is getting less and less sore, so I'm improving on my Hands to Feet Pose. My Triangle is still strong, and so is my Cobra. I'm very, very pleased with my Cobra in that I am able to hold my head up high with only my belly button touching the floor with very little support from my hands - it's all about lower back strength.

Two more weeks until the end of THIS Challenge. Notice how I emphasised "THIS"? It's because I am seriously moving on to the 60 Day, and my poor hubby exclaimed, "What?!? What if you have to visit your folks or something?" I told him that there is a yoga studio where they're at, so no problem! Although it is very tempting to take a break, you know, sleep in, at the same time I know that I will be missing it. Big time. Everybody says that, even the non-Challengers. Yeah, so why stop now?

No comments: