Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 19 = One Day I Will Get There!

Day 19 - April 19, 2010 - 6:00AM with Jacqueline

We had a great class with Jacqueline this morning. She has a very calm demeanour, and the tone of her voice is very soothing, just perfect for Savasanas!

Whew! For some reason, the heaters were cranked up quite high today, or at least that was how I felt. There weren't a lot of people this morning either. Is it because I wasn't at my usual spot? I wasn't too far from the door, though, so I was still getting a little bit of a draft. I don't know, maybe my body was just a bit off this morning (after a lunch of medium hot potato and pea Naanwich and Espresso Chocolate Flake ice cream yesterday!). I was sweating right from the get go. Overall, my standing series was 50-50. I did well in some, I tanked in some. Hands to Feet was still rusty; until I get rid of the soreness in my hiney, it will be a while before I get back to my best form. I didn't dare extend my leg during the Standing Head to Knee. I just focused on keeping my standing knee locked. I thought I'd give my knees a rest on this one, and try not to push it. One day, I will get there...

I was very happy that my floor series postures held up well today. Highlights are the Cobra, Full Locust, Floor Bow, and Camel. I am trying to keep my hips glued to my heels when I bend forward for the Half Tortoise. My spine is still rounded when I bend forward so I have to "walk" my hands forward in order to stretch out fully, while keeping my elbows straight and hands in prayer. As for the Rabbit Pose, I still cannot lift my hips high enough so my thighs are perpendicular to the floor. One day, I will get there...

I am very tempted to attend the 9:30AM class on Wednesday. I am just curious to find out how my practice will turn out after I'd woken up and been up and about for a few hours before the class starts. Tomorrow I have no choice but to go to the 6:00AM again. I hope to be back to my favourite spot by the door. I wonder if it's going to be a hot one again tomorrow. Que sera sera...Namaste.

No comments: