Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 9 - No Make-Up, Just Yoga

Who needs make-up when you have Bikram Yoga? It's the best way to exfoliate and detoxify. After 90 minutes in the hot room, how can you not have that healthy glow? I don't wear make-up anyway, even during pre-yoga days. I have read many testimonials from people who used to wear make-up daily, and concluded that they don't really need it anymore as they noticed a huge improvement in their complexion. No need for concealers and foundation as it appears that their skin's imperfections have disappeared. Can you imagine how much time you now have in the morning to do other stuff instead of applying make-up!

Today is Day 9, and I'm feeling pretty good! Today is my last 6:00AM class until Monday; I will be attending the 7:30AM tomorrow and Sunday. I can sleep-in an extra hour! Woo hoo!

Anyway, I am quite ecstatic as I can almost lock my knees the whole time during the Hands to Feet Pose! I was a Japanese Ham Sandwich for a few seconds! My goal is now to be able to do it the entire time! I am trying to challenge myself in not spreading my legs too widely during the Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose in order for me to touch my forehead to the floor. My Triangle Pose was a bit wobbly, though. Another milestone is that I can almost lock my knee during the Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose. I am just totally amazed at how many little but significant changes occur with each daily practice. Today was a great day. Tomorrow may not be as great, but this does not really bother me. So many factors affect one's practice, that each day is different from the next. Our instructor today pointed out that there will be good days and bad days, but one thing is certain--the body is benefiting 100% from daily yoga practice. The aches and pains are just the aftermath of pushing the body towards its potential. Yoga is like an alarm clock that wakes you to prepare you for a lifetime of good health and sound mind. It is time to come out of hibernation, and do a complete overhaul. What better way than to allot just 90 minutes of daily practice. Yes, JUST 90 minutes. Namaste.

No comments: