Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 26 = Going Through A Practice While Half-Awake!

Day 26 - April 26, 2010 - 6:00AM with Jacqueline

I did not want to get up at 5:00AM today.  Hubby nudged me at 5:20AM so I won't sleep in and miss my class.  Somehow, I wasn't my usual perky self.  My body seemed to want more sleep this morning.  I was restless just before class, I just couldn't psyche myself to be in the yoga moment.

Pranayama was a chore; my arms were heavy and my elbow joints were tight.  Needless to say, the first set was a write-off.  I did make the effort to engage my legs and inhale until I could see my rib cage in the mirror.  Towards the end of the second set, I was awake, sort of.

As much as I love the 6:00AM classes as they give me a great start to my day, I am simply just not flexible enough to execute some of the postures well.  Which is why my floor series are way better than the standing series.  I have 2 consecutive days off this week, and I am again toying with the idea of going to the 9:30AM class.  But then again, I may not, as I have a lot of chores to do and with the 6:00AM class done, I would have more time to do accomplish other tasks.

Overall, it was a good practice today; I just wished I was more awake!  I blame it on this cold, blustery, supposedly spring day in paradise we call Victoria! :)

No comments: