Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 17 = Back to My "Other" Favourite Spot

Day 17 - April 17, 2010 - 7:30AM with Abbey

I woke up very early this morning in anticipation of Day 17 of my 30 Day Challenge. I heard the plink-plink-plink of raindrops on our roof, which disappointed me because I had planned on taking our dog for a walk before getting ready for the 7:30AM class. Scrapping that plan, I put on my contact lenses to get that chore out of the way, then I went back to bed to have a few minutes more of cuddles with the hubby. Then at 6:30AM, I was off to the races.

Arriving early at the studio, I had a few minutes to sit in the car and listen to the radio before Abbey arrived. Being the first student to sign in, I managed to secure my "other" favourite spot: upper right corner of the room with mirrors front and right side (the better to check my thighs during Triangle Pose with). On weekdays I always park my mat right next to the door for an easy and speedy exit as I need to rush home right away.

We had a great class with Abbey today. I appreciated her pointing out that I should not rise up too high during the Cobra Pose, so much so that my belly button is no longer plastered to the floor. I should make sure that it is touching the floor so that I can use as much of my lower back strength as possible to lift my chest up higher. During the Full Locust I made sure that I saved some strength (but still breathing) to lift up to the highest level moments before releasing the posture.

At the end of the class, I took advantage of the luxury of a longer Savasana. It is so nice not to have to rush out today! I took the time to sit down and savour my Emergen-C fortified water while chatting with my buddy Bettina. Then I had a shower before heading home to have a nice breakfast. My daughter and our dog greeted me at the door (hubby was still enjoying a lie-in). What a beautiful start to my day! Namaste.

No comments: