Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 23 = Just Like Morning Coffee

Day 23 - April 23, 2010 - 6:00AM with Abbey

A lot of people wake up and have their morning coffee.  I have my morning yoga at 6:00AM.  I've been practising without water during class for over a month now, and my body has gotten used to it.  After class, I down my Emergen-C fortified water first, THEN I have my morning coffee with the much anticipated breakfast of an orange or grapefruit with spelt toast and maybe a scrambled egg or two.  I am set for my day.

My practice went well today.  I didn't have to rush out after class, so I positioned myself on my favourite spot up front.  Overall, I don't think there were a lot of significant changes to my execution of the postures today.  There were just some little adjustments here and there, like trying to touch my toes (but with no pressure) during the Triangle Pose.  That's a new challenge for me.  My arms don't seem long enough to do so, without having my upper body dip too low.

So tomorrow, I will not be able to have my morning yoga; it will be an afternoon yoga, right after work.  I hope I can get to the studio in time for the 3:45PM without having to rush so much.  I haven't been to an afternoon class since Day 3 (see my blog entitled "PM Hot Yoga Ain't That Cool"), so I am curious as to how tomorrow will turn out.  It's nice to have a change in routine sometimes.  Keeps me on my toes.

No comments: